7 mar. 2009

Discrimantion or Not... ŢIGAN vs RROM... ŢIGAN... I believe it is not the case

Last days I`ve heard about a campaign brought by a national newspaper, sorry I don`t remember which, campaign which proposes or doubts the usage of the term "rrom" for the one of "ţigan", equivalent of gipsy.


In our country, was adopted a law which says that in order not to discriminate the members of this ethnicity, we should call them "rrom". But, every country from Europe, uses the equivalent of "ţigan", or gipsy when they talk about the members of this ethnic group. Italians call them ZINGARI, english is GIPSY, germans ZIGEUNER, spanish GITANO, french GITANE.

It`s not fair to tell them "RROM", when the members of this ethnicity are comitting crime crimes, rapes, steallings, plunders. They don`t work, are lazy, live from bagging and they rarely wash (the big majority of this group).

Because of this confusion, RROM vs ROMANIAN, the big group of romanian who are working hard in Italy , are attacked on streets of Rome. So I believe, we should return to the old name of this ethnicity... ŢIGAN.

I argue my reasons, by telling that is not the "tradiţia şi cultura Rrom" but the "tradiţia şi cultura ŢIGĂNEASCĂ". I don`t contest or I`m not saying that their tradition is (dances, clothes, language) not beautiful, contrarly, but in the middle of this ethnic group exists a very high deliquence, because of poverty. There are, rich gipsy, the ones who have a traditional job, these are in very little number ... goldsmith, silversmith, bear leader, for exemple, who live fairly, respecting the laws.

It's not discriminative to call them with the equivalent of gipsy, when the name of this ethnic grup for hundred years was ŢIGAN.

I consider myself a very normal guy, not dscriminative at all. This articol is my oppinion about this campaign, and how this ethnic group should be called.

Niciun comentariu: